11 April 2012

The First 10 Pages of Game of Thrones

Yeah. So I read the first ten pages of the first Game of Thrones book. I can’t even remember what it’s called. Dance of Songs? Throne of Fire*? Fire with Ice**? Like I said before, I am really not into high fantasy. So while I can appreciate the huge fanbase this series has, it’s just not my cup of tea. Maybe I should watch the show and then I’d be interested in the books. It happened with Lord of the Rings; it could happen here.

*Other uses for Throne of Fire: “Have you heard my new metal band, Throne of Fire?” “Those tacos were so good, but man, I’m gonna be sitting on the throne of fire tonight!”

**Also the name of Ice-T’s new reality show where he fires people a la George Clooney in Up in the Air.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the first episode and did. not. like. at. all. But I'm willing to watch a couple more.

    ReplyDelete