03 August 2012

TBR: Classics Challenge

I love classic literature (mostly of the English/French variety), but I often push it aside to read something new and popular (and, let's face it, dystopian and/or mystery-ish). New books are always going to be hitting the shelves, though, so if I keep waiting until I read everything contemporary, I'll never get back to my old favorites. So I've challenged myself to read more classics in 2013 (yep, thinking ahead already). This challenge is in addition to another challenge I've set for myself, which I'll discuss in a separate post. For now, here are the classics I hope to read sooner rather than later:

Classics Challenge! 2013
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes (A.C. Doyle) (This will be a continuation of what I've already started. I have 2 of the novels left and I think 3 story collections.)
  • The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Howard Pyle)
  • A Passage to India (E.M. Forster)
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel (Baroness Emmuska Orczy)
  • The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
  • Tale of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
  • Vanity Fair (William Makepeace Thackeray)
  • Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
  • The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne Bronte)
  • All of Jane Austen's novels (Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Lady Susan, Love & Freindship [sic])
Hm, I wonder if I could apply for a grant that will just let me read?

No comments:

Post a Comment